Sunday, January 4, 2009

Resolutions

This autumn/winter season has opened my eyes a great deal. I've decided that I'm going to take this time I've had at home away from University to do some serious soul searching and get my ass into gear. So to start 2009 off on the right foot I've made a list of resolutions.

Firstly I want to move out of this city. I think at this time in my life the best thing I can do for myself is to wander out of my comfort zone a bit. I have this theory that people who go far away grow that much more. I'm not saying I want to realize my dreams in Timbuktu or anything, but leaving the state (possibly country) all together might be a good idea. Since I've been back home, I've felt very stuck and in need of an escape. It's safe to say that surrounding myself with my old high school friends has had something to do with my regression into who I was rather than aided in becoming the person I want.

Secondly I want to learn two talents. This one is simple. All I want is to balance my technical perfectionist side, with my creative side. I think some classes at my local community college could help, whether it be taking a sewing, dance, sketching, etc. And as far as technical skills I'd like to sharpen up on some of my business studies such as accounting and economics.

Thirdly I want to start a new job. At the moment I'm a bit torn between interning somewhere or going for a higher paying job. Either way I think that whatever I decide will help in achieving the earlier mentioned two talents.

Lastly I want to do something else with my free time i.e. volunteer more, join a book club, find a niche in a different "scene"/nightlife.

So there they are, my resolutions. I have this terrible habit of looking at everything all at once and becoming so overwhelmed that I give up full stop. So I'm going to TRY my absolute best to take each challenge one at a time and perhaps then my list won't seem quite so daunting.

No comments: